Help for vulnerable people from Afghanistan

How can we support you?

At the moment we can only evacuate people who have received a residence permit from the Federal Republic of Germany. You can find more information on this page.

We are aware that the situation in Afghanistan is getting worse every day. However, as an independent NGO, our resources are limited. As we are not an organisation of the German government, we can only help to a limited extent. Nevertheless, we do our best to do justice to the situation in Afghanistan.


For the new Bundesaufnahmeprogramm we have gathered the available information on a seperate page.

Information on Admission Program

Other questions and answers

First and foremost, this is the responsibility of the Federal Government. Kabulluftbruecke supports people with a promise of admission to Germany in leaving Afghanistan for third countries and in further embassy matters. To contact us, please register here: by all means stating your file number (AFG/MRL – xxxx or AFG-xxxx or the BMI file number).

If you have German citizenship or a German residence permit, you can leave Afghanistan via regular scheduled flights and enter Germany.

Unfortunately, no. We can only evacuate people who either have citizenship, a residence permit or a promise of admission to Germany.

Unfortunately, it is currently very difficult to get such a commitment for Germany at short notice. We are politically committed to ensuring that more people are granted admission.

The allocation of previous admission pledges was done on a case-by-case basis in procedures that were also very opaque for us.

On behalf of the AA, the external service provider IOM / VAOffice sent out acceptance letters by email from 24.09.2021 onwards. These persons are on the (colloquially) “human rights list” or the “local staff list”.

Former local staff of German organisations: Afghans who had a valid employment contract with a German organisation (including all partner organisations of GIZ) or a state institution (such as the German embassy or the German armed forces) can contact their former employers. The (former) employing organisation can theoretically apply for an admission commitment via the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). In principle, however, the local staff procedure is subject to high requirements. Further information for former local staff of German organisations can be found at Handbook Germany:

Other particularly vulnerable persons: The German government has allocated 2600 admission permits per quota. The entry for this list was closed on 31.08.20212. Particularly endangered persons have the possibility to apply for an admission commitment according to § 22 S. 2 AufenthG at the Federal Foreign Office. The application must be justified in detail, the individual risk situation must be described and the connection to Germany must be evident. The application process is very opaque and the chances of success are not foreseeable. For capacity reasons, we can currently only process a very small number of cases that have already been entered into our database. If you have not yet done so, please follow the link below to register in our database:

Please note, however,

  • that we cannot respond to all enquiries
  • that we do not decide on the acceptance of applications and
  • that we have no influence on decisions made by the authorities.

Please also refrain from one-sided enquiries or repeated requests, as these can only delay our work and not speed it up.

In addition, a humanitarian admission programme is currently being developed on the basis of the coalition agreement. However, it is not yet clear who can be considered for this and under what circumstances.

Spouses, children and parents of persons living in Germany: Family members of persons living in Germany are eligible for the family reunification procedure. A distinction is made between the reunification of so-called core family members and the reunification of extended core family members in accordance with section 36 (2) of the Residence Act, which is subject to more stringent requirements. Further information on family reunification can be found at Handbook Germany:

In principle, other purpose-bound visas can be applied for which entitle the holder to enter Germany (e.g. visa to take up studies, job search, etc.). However, the hurdles are very high. Handbook Germany provides information on different types of visas here:

You can find more information about our work here.

Further information can also be found under the FAQ list of the Federal Foreign Office.