Thank you for your patience. Due to a high number of requests, we don’t have the capacity to offer any individual support at the moment. However, we want to share some helpful information, so you might be able to take the next steps in your case on your own.
|THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS 2 PARTS:
- Information (no recommendation!) so you can make informed decisions for yourself. This is a lot of information. We hope that you can find out what applies to you.
- A link to a form from Kabul Luftbruecke for you to fill out, so we can assess possible next steps and provide you with further individual information regarding your case. We know some of you have already filled the form, sorry for that, but please fill it again if possible. We have improved it, so it is easier to categorize cases.
Evacuation to Germany with our support or with the support of the German government takes a long time and is only possible with a Visa for Germany or with an Approval for Admission from the German Government (Aufnahmezusage). Once and only once you have the necessary travel documents (see below), you may decide on the option to take the next steps of your evacuation to a neighbour country, on your own and under your own responsibility. Here are some points we gathered during successful border crossing of small groups from Torkham to Pakistan so far:
- Passports: people need valid Passports (still valid for more than 6 months). If you are missing a valid passport, you can apply for a new passport with the Passport office. The Passport Office reopened on the 1st of December 2021 and issues new passports that will be recognized internationally.
- Visa: People need valid Visas or E-Visas, which you can apply for through this website for Pakistan: https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/visa-categories/ or through a Travel Agent, once you have a valid passport. Here is a Manual for applications: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y8DQ1AWSc33To5CQr1CbcngfPOKVtaOA/view
- Ground crossing or Flight: The Torkham border to Pakistan is very crowded and it may take several hours of waiting in line to cross. You might want to check available flights with some airlines (KamAir, PIA etc.) flying frequently from Kabul to Islamabad. Flights can be booked on their website or through a Travel Agent.
- llegal border crossing will lead to pushbacks and very difficult situations.
- Approval for Admission for a third country or Germany: In order to get the necessary travel documents for Germany, you need approval from the German government or other valid German visa (see here: https://www.germany.info/us-en/visa-navigator/2315250). If you haven’t applied for approval yet, please see which category applies to your situation:
- BMI File-number: If you already have an Approval for admission from the German Government you will need your BMI File number to speed up your case. This is very important. Ask the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs for your BMI File number directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email reference: “Referat 401”. You will receive an automatic response, please answer to this automatic response, in order to receive your individual file number.
We invite you to enter all your details in our form so that we can evaluate your options. We know some of you have already filled the form, sorry for that, but please fill it again if possible. We have improved it, so it is easier to categorize cases. Please note: this form is not a registration with the German Government. We do not decide who receives an approval and can be evacuated to Germany, and a registration with us does not guarantee evacuation. But we will look at each case individually and see what we can offer → https://register.kabulluftbruecke.org/en